One of the management’s main obligations is to ensure compliance with all relevant legal provisions in a company. In this respect, the term compliance refers to the procedure and regulations for standardised and regular monitoring of internal processes to prevent liabilities, claims for damages or official investigative measures.
The development of compliance management systems by creating internal guidelines, audit processes, reporting systems and standardised procedures is a central component for every company, regardless of its size. Training of employees is of particular importance, as human errors are one of the most common sources of infringements.
Focus is on preventing liability and reducing risk for a company, its board members as well as employees.
MORGENSTERN advises on the following compliance issues:
- Analysis of business procedures according to relevant liability risks
- Training of employees in individual areas regarding specific risks in each case
- Advice on configuring a compliance management system
- Advice on the development of interfaces to information security and data protection management
- Assistance with the implementation of regulations and procedures